Thursday, April 16, 2009

Down by the river, I shot my baby...

      Neil Young concert was last night!!! And man he can still rock out for a sixty-four year old! The set was about two and a half hours long, with Neil (in flannel no less) performing 20-minute jams during songs such as 'Down by the River' and 'Pocahantus.' We had floor tickets, and managed to find our way to the front; I could literally see the individual beads of sweat on his forehead. I would guess we were about ten-fifteen feet from the old Neilster...the closest I have been yet! It was fantastic! Throughout the show there was a mysterious red phone on stage, but the origin or reason it was there was never revealed, I am curious if it was symbolic of something? Overall, I had an amazing time, it was about my seventh time seeing him in concert in the last seven or so years, each time gets better. I am nervous he is going to retire one of these days so I go every chance I get...but then again Neil is all about "It is better to burn out then to fade away." So I do not think he is going anywhere for awhile, hopefully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment