Monday, April 20, 2009

"Fighting Ignorance Since 1973"

     Want to procrastinate...and learn? Always wondered why do men have nipples? Will eating tape-worms help you lose weight? Is the grass always greener on the other side? What is the holy grail? Look no further! Cecil Adams will answer the questions which have been plaguing you on the Straight Dope Archive, a site (and a column in a Chicago newspaper) dedicated to unraveling the worlds mysteries and fighting ignorance. 
     In high-school I used to pass this house built right next to a graveyard. I was interested in science at the time, reading Bill Bryson's Short History of Nearly Everything and I wondered a lot about particles and organic matter. I wrote to Cecil asking 'Are people living near graveyards at increased risk of exposure to biohazards? ' Cecil tells me to "get a grip champ!" When I received the email telling me that my question had been answered and that a gruesome illustration by Slug was to accompany it I was ecstatic! I recently went to the Straight Dope to ummmm, research? or ummm, waste time! and I searched out my question....neat huh? Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment