Saturday, April 18, 2009

My new camera!!!!

   So, I went to the city to visit my good childhood friend last weekend, because of our conflicting and busy schedules this is an unusually difficult feat. It was my birthday this past month and she got me a beautiful Asahi Pentax film camera! I was ecstatic. Han, being the photography buff she is (and bonafide world travel) could not fathom me traveling with only a 'point and shoot' digital (my Canon). This is the lovely camera (see above) taken on my computer camera (so you can kinda see). I have been practicing using it to make sure I understand shutter speed, focus etc and to make sure everything is in working order. I am very excited to get out and take some more pictures... yesterday I took a walk around campus and shot some of the old buildings... Hope they turn out ok!


Over and out, Delilah!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - you're so lucky - what a fab friend. I'd be interested to hear how you find it - i've been thinking about getting a "proper" camera and I don't know how to choose. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photo! you really seem to pick natural subjects well.
    nikonsniper

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to get a new camera, especially as a gift! And, film, no less. I guess you have access to a wet lab. Or, perhaps not.

    I miss the darkroom, and one day when I become rich, I will have my own(lol)

    Good luck with your present, and happy shooting.

    ReplyDelete