Friday, May 22, 2009

Kutna Hora

As mentioned previously we visted the Sedlec Ossuary, Bone Church in Kutna Hora. It contains about 40,ooo or more human skeletons arranged to form things such as chandeliers, a coat of arms amd skull pyramids. Not exactly the first thing you think about asthetically when you entertain ideas of a chapel. It was creepy but cool! The one thing we found very strange was that people threw coins at the skeletons and did signs of the cross. I was intrigued and I tried to retrieve a coin and touch a skull (what are dead people going to do with them?!?!?) and I kind of set off an alarm....hahahahha...it was quite comedic. I hastily withdrew my arm. I felt kind of bad, the skulls may have awoken and devoured my soul if I had done that so it was likely for the best! Come for us when we were sleeping in the haunted Hostel.... but we managed to make it out of Kutna Hora alive!!! Souls intact....more adventures in Cesky Krulov today!

-La De Da Delilah


4 comments:

  1. This is one of the most creepiest things i have ever saw...I wonder what the reason for all the skullls are???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy..............but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gawd. This is like Temple of Doom shit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so badass!
    It would be kinda creepy though,
    Maybe it's haunted with like a ghost for every skeleton in there! Hahahaa

    ReplyDelete